Tenuta di Biserno "Lodovico", Tuscany IGT, 2018, 75cl

3.495,00 kr
In stock

Fast delivery

14 day right of return

Secure payment

Product description

Land: Italy

Region: Tuscany

Appellation: Tuscany IGT

Årgang: 2018

Producent: Lodovico Antinori

Klassificering: Tuscany IGT

Volume (cl): 75

Kassestørrelse: 3

Type: Red

97 /100 points

The Tenuta di Biserno 2018 Lodovico shows a high degree of focus and sharpness in this vintage that was not always easy given some extra rain showers. This full-bodied Tuscan red is vertical and very intense while maintaining a careful sense of balance and aromatic equilibrium all the while. It shows big, black intensity with lots of fruit thickness and layering. The wine strikes at that proverbial and elusive crossroads between power and elegance. The blend sees mostly Cabernet Franc, with smaller parts Merlot and Petit Verdot. It is fermented in cone-shaped steel vats for up to four weeks. It completes malolactic fermentation in barrel (or 80% of the total does, with the remaining 20% ​​in steel) and ages in barrique (with 80% new oak) for 16 months. Including 750-milliliter bottles and magnums, annual production is from 8,000 to 10,000 bottles.

- Monica Larner, Wine Advocate

About this wine

Tuscany

Tuscany, the picturesque wine region in central Italy, is known for its beautiful landscapes, historic cities and, not least, excellent wines. This area, which includes cities such as Florence and Siena, has a winemaking tradition that dates back to antiquity. Tuscany is famous for its robust red wines, especially those made from the Sangiovese grape, which thrives in the sunny climate and varied soils.

×